The Sunkota Construction team is looking for an experienced construction superintendent to manage projects. You will supervise staff and ensure projects are completed on time.
This role requires excellent communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with various people, such as construction workers, architects and engineers. In order to succeed, it’s important to know how to implement quality, health, and safety standards onsite.
If you are organized, able to work well under pressure and have experience in this field, we’d like to meet you.
This position is full time, benefit eligible and the wage is negotiable, depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise all onsite project construction.
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Monitor and report on project progress as well as ensure project quality.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate weekly subcontractor meetings to identify conflicts in the process that may affect progress and communicate with Project Manager for resolution.
- Regularly interact with and maintain good working relationship with owner, project manager, subcontractors, architects, material suppliers, and other employees.
- Supervise and direct all subcontractors and material suppliers to achieve project completion on schedule and within budget, per plans and specifications.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors.
- Regularly report updates and communication of any RFIs and/or change orders in the field to Project Manager.
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Complete punch list identification and completion.
- Maintain a safe work site, encouraging safe work practices and conducting weekly safety meetings for employees.
- Perform, upload, and maintain all company documentation requirements including, but not limited to, daily job reports, daily photographs, daily manpower reports, tool box talks, progress plans, labor reports, etc.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL is a plus).
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or a similar role is required.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including iPad/tablet device.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related construction software.
- Basic knowledge of uploading and managing web based document storage and reporting tools.
- Minimum of 3 years of field experience in the commercial construction industry
- OSHA 30 preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and direct on-site project teams to successful completions .
- Possess carpentry or trim carpentry skills that will be used for self-performing various on-site tasks.
- Concrete, structural steel, rough carpentry, specialties, building layout, doors and hardware experience and knowledge required.
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules and still maintain work quality.
- Adaptability and ability to change priorities as they dynamically shift.
- Analytical thinking/problem solving.
- Attention-to-detail and design.
- Willingness to travel in market based on project location.
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the jobsite including stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Job Type:
- Varies based on experience
- • Competitive Wages
• Paid Personal Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Apparel allowance
• Hiring bonus
• Growth Opportunities
• Company vehicle
• Company phone or allowance
• Clothing allowance