The Sunkota Construction team is looking for full-time construction laborers. If you are hardworking and dependable, we want you on our team!
Experience in carpentry, concrete work, demolition, and excavation are essential, though we are willing to train candidates who demonstrate they are hard-working, reliable, and can learn quickly.
This position is full time, benefit eligible and the wage is negotiable, depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Construct, demolish, install, or repair commercial structures and fixtures of wood, such as wall-floor-roof framing; building frameworks, including partitions, joists, studs, and rafters; wood stairways, window and door frames. May also install cabinets and siding.
- Install foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, and interior and exterior trim.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand or power tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Move necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Clean up worksite debris.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Take initiative to stay busy and keep job moving per direction from lead
- Commercial construction experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Communication and teamwork skills
- 3 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry. Commercial preferred, residential acceptable.
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules and still maintain work quality.
- Adaptability and ability to change priorities as they dynamically shift
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Attention-to-detail and design
- Willingness to travel in market based on project location
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the jobsite including stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Job Type:
- Full Time with Benefits
- Depends on experience.
- • Competitive Wages
• Paid Personal Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Apparel allowance
• Hiring bonus
• Growth opportunities